Birthday became one of the most common events in every one’s life. When we think of a birthday, we tend to visualize balloons, candles, cake, food, beverages, flowers, gifts, restaurants, vacation spots and so and so forth. Irrespective of age, language, religion and geographical region across the world, in each country every day number of birthdays are being celebrated. Did you ever wonder about how many birthdays are being celebrated per day around the world?
Wiki answers took a good approach to estimate the number of birthdays celebrated per day. Take the world population and divide that by the number of days in a year and you get the number birthdays being celebrated. I would go one step further and bring the number bit closer to the reality by considering people who may not afford the celebration. As per World Bank Report around 1.22 billion people are living under poverty line in year 2010. If we do the simple math now, 7 billion is total population; around 1.3 billion may not be able to celebrate. It comes to 5.7 billion. Even if we take 70% of 5.7 it comes close to 4 billion. Approximately around 10,958,904 birthdays are being celebrated each day around the world. If we consider World Bank reports average life expectancy, each person could celebrate around 67 birthdays in his life.
Birthday, a beautiful life deserves to be celebrated with family and friends. What else can we do on a birthday, in addition to the cake, food, gifts and fun? We live in the world where we don’t have enough time to think or look back to see our achievements, journey and challenges. How about spending couple of hours or a day to review your social, personal and physical progress and could utilize birthday as a personal milestone every year. We can make it more casual and fun and can share and listen to other close friends and family. Here is the list we thought can be useful to review on or around birthday time.
- A full length image – helps to compare from previous years
- Height, weight , BMI and Foot Size (for Kids)
- Medical, Dental appointments and other specialties if needed
- Check the passport, driver’s license, visa expiration dates
- Number of vacation days, countries and places visited previous year
- Approximate number of books read
- Number of movies watched in previous year
- Comparison of BP, blood & urine test results
- Life insurance and will validity
- Days you spent with your kids alone
- Days you spent with your spouse or fiancée alone
- Participation in charity associations or services which help community
- Number of Facebook posts & Likes
- Number of Tweets sent in an year
- Number of new connections in LinkedIn
- Certifications, Training, new subjects, technology learned in previous year
- Carrier growth comparison from previous year
- Performance review changes from previous year
- Income & Salary changes from previous year
For your next birthday, create a personalized video invitation to invite your friends and family and have fun while using the birthday as a personal milestone.